Travel to and from Canada

When you travel to, via, or from Canada, you’ll probably need to arrange a visa or an eTA. Read all about how to organise it.

Apply for an eTA

The Visa Waiver Programme allows citizens of specific countries to travel visa-free to Canada. Instead of a visa, you will have to apply for an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization).

Check which countries participate in the Visa Waiver Programme

If you need an eTA, you can choose to let our partner Sherpa take care of everything for you at a fee. Or you can organise it yourself via the website of the Government of Canada.

Arrange visa

If you need to arrange a visa, our partner Sherpa can take care of your application at a fee. Or you can organise it yourself via the applicable authorities. To check in online via, your travel documents (visa or otherwise) must be complete.

ArriveCAN app

Are you travelling to Canada? Using the free ArriveCan app, you can submit your customs and immigration declaration up to 72 hours before your arrival in Canada. By providing this information in advance, you can take advantage of the ArriveCAN express lane upon arrival in Canada, saving time during immigration and customs procedures.

Frequently asked questions